3.11.2010

heat wave

I cried while making toast
            I cried while frying eggs

I cried while having sex
            I cried while touching you

I cried while going to bed                                                and
            I slept for thirteen hours

I cried while I woke up                                                after
            sleeping for thirteen hours

I cried and I cried and I cried                                    but
            no tears came down

I cried because I had no tears left
            I cried because I was crying because I had no tears left

No one consoled or paid attention to me                        so
            I stopped crying

But now tears rain down my face
            peppering my shirt with tear bombs

and I just can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment