3.11.2010

take the night train home

THE CROWS CAME TODAY -
  their slicked back black tar faces
  beaming down at my gaunt jaundiced
  disheveled face

IT'S BEEN SAID THAT THEY COME
  they come when they sense death and decay
  or times of bad, and that's what I am, that's where I am;
  I can feel myself come slowly to a stop

A GRADUAL STOP THAT YOU CAN'T
  feel, you think you can but
  really you can't and that's
  what I feel right now, I know it

THEY CAWED AND CAWED AND CAWED
  and cawed and I couldn't help
  but feel overwhelmed and scared
  and I felt the tears scream down my craggy face

WETTING THE YELLOWED AGED BLANKET
  on me and they started to laugh when they
  glanced at my sheets - caw caw caw
  their shrill voices pinched at my ears

AND ALL I COULD DO WAS WATCH -
  watch at a distance as they tormented me
  and I felt myself come to a full stop:
  the crows came today.

No comments:

Post a Comment