7.02.2010

gasoline


you,

           my heartless lover
           my trouble maker

bring me nothing but grief
    please
                    abuse my torn and
tattered heart to your content

your sharp words cut away my flesh
  and saws away at my skull
                                                  into my brain
                                                                  until
       your touch
                         your warmth
glides across my back to soothe my aching
  heart.

I grow lean with your love
  (or lack thereof)
  I know I am imprisoned -
                      - trapped in this love
  and I wish to escape it

so,
  let me be Aeneas to you, Dido
  let me be Tereus
           and you, Philomela
  let yourself realize my generosity
    and resign yourself from this heartless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment