6.26.2010

les nantais


december in buffalo hurts
not like december in manhattan
it pierces your heart
            your poor unsuspecting heart

it stabs it repeatedly
mercilessly

it goes on forever it seems
                        but it IS...

            I wish it were you
                                    I wish it were you
burning in this wintry desert
                        hurting moaning fucking cold

remember when you told me
            forever forever forever
            I will see you like the dawn
then winter set in and you never gave me
                        the chance to thaw

it hurts, december in buffalo
                                    not like december in westchester

because
            you're already gone

gone with my poor unsuspecting heart
and I saw my blood
            and I thought of you

No comments:

Post a Comment