2.12.2010

oreo, the ordinary, ordinal bear

Hello,

I am a bear;
  I steal stuff from coolers

I like to walk naked
  through the woods
  and I totally enjoy it

Around noon everyday (unless the sky is crying)
  I sit in my river and
  watch the water wrigglers
  nip at my dirt caked feet

At night I climb up
  my fav-o-rite tree and
  wonder why I don’t have a thumb –
    if I did,
    I would play gameboy all day

Last year, around Christmastime
  I overheard a moose
    crying
  as it rubbed itself
  on my fav-o-rite tree –
  I was scared

I like to sit
  on picnic tables
  and wonder why
  moose cry during
  wet nights;
  I hope to console
  that crying moose one day

Sometimes I see bright
  colors in the distance
  in the open field by
  my latrine and I like
  to observe the colors as
  I do my business
  and I'm afraid that
  something may smell it.

When it rains, I
  lie down next to my
  fav-o-rite tree and
  pretend that I am a worm
  crawling through the
  mud. I try eating the
  dirt but it tastes like
  the droppings from the
  little spiny things.

Last night, I was awake
  watching the twinkles in the sky
  when I heard moose cry again -
  I was ready this time
  so I climbed down from
  my fav-o-rite tree and tried to
  put my arms around moose's neck...
  The last thing I saw was a leathery nostril
  glimmering in the soft light as
  moose headbutted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment